Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dating

This week we learned about dating. I am engaged right now, and I was wondering what good this lesson would do for me. Brother Williams answered the question, because one of the married students asked it, and I really liked the answer that he gave. Brother Williams said that if we do not continue to court while being married, our marriage will fail. We must continue courtship our whole lives and especially while we are married. I really liked this because it is so true. I see how a husband and wife can just fall into life together and never really have time to be one on one with each other. It is interesting how they say that there should be one night a week for a married couple where they have a date night. Now I understand where that comes from. It seems like it would allow a couple to stay stronger together and grow even more with each other, instead of just living their busy lives not remembering the love they have had for each other. Another thing I really liked in class was that the best marriage guarantee is a temple recommend. If we live our lives according to the principles of the gospel and apply them in our marriage, the Lord will continue to bless us with all that we need for our marriage to continue working.

No comments:

Post a Comment