Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kids...

So I have come to realize how important it is to raise kids. One thing is for sure though, I am really excited to have kids of my own, and to be able to raise and teach them. I'm excited to start my own family. It's amazing how the Lord allows people like us to be able to take the life of another in our hands and raise that child. There are so many influences here in the world, which puts such an importance on being a good parent. Whatever you teach your children from the beginning, they will go on to believe their whole lives. The family is a whole unit with smaller subsets inside it. The way that the family will function best is when all of those subsets cooperate together.

One of the things we learned this week in class was about how there are so many different unseen rules and boundaries in a family. Although these rules and boundaries go unspoken, they often tend to be some of the most important ones to the family. It is very interesting how they are never spoken of, but all who are in the family know exactly what they are, and most of the time will know there will be consequences if they break those rules or boundaries.

1 comment:

  1. I have taken FAML 220 (parenting) from Bro. Williams and his class definitely made me realize and think more about the importance, and huge trust we are given, of raising children. But I definitely learn a lot and feel a bit more prepared than before - hopefully you and your wife will feel the same after this class.

    ReplyDelete